“Sweet Chip O’ Mine”
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
“You know where you are? You’re in the kitchen, baby! And you’re going to bake!”
ARTIST: Ovens N’ Roses
RUNNING TIME: A little under an hour depending on how long the opening act (aka Your Prep Time) takes to finish.
VENUE: Your oven
SETLIST (AKA THE INGREDIENTS)
• 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
• ½ cup of sugar
• 1½ cups of packed brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• ¾ teaspoon of sea salt
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1 teaspoon of baking power
• 2 teaspoons of hot water
• 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
• Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
• Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, then add vanilla and stir for 1 ½ to 2 minutes. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is thoroughly mixed.
• Add chocolate chips to your desire. The cookie batter should be thick. Drop 2 tablespoons of dough or on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
• Bake cookies in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Bake longer for crispier cookies and bake less for chewier. Take out of the oven and let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 2-4 minutes before serving. And…
TAKE THAT ONE TO HEART!